Alaska, often called 'The Last Frontier' has been the crown jewel for adventure travellers in North America.
There are many misconceptions of unbearable and impassable weather conditions but this couldn’t be further from the truth. During the summers in Alaska, you’ve got 18-20 hours of sunlight and average daytime temperatures between 58-77 F (14-25 C).
Alaska road trip
This adventure is focused on some of the more remote places in Alaska, including the MacLaren River and Glacier along with visiting national parks where you'll be travelling on dirt roads. The trip also offers optional activities including sea kayaking, ice climbing, glacier walks, rafting and scenic flights. View glaciers and icebergs near or from afar, trail blaze through the wilds and maybe even come face-to-face with a grizzly.
- Wilderness camping
- Boat and canoe trips on the Maclaren River
- Hikes in Denali National Park, St. Elias National Park and Valdez
- Optional activities including sea kayaking, ice climbing, glacier hikes or whitewater rafting
- Chance to see bears, eagles, sea lions and other Alaskan wildlife
- Cook your meals over an open camp fire