Two countries, one expedition!
There are a number of roles available in Costa Rica and Nicaragua for career breakers.
If you choose a project-based role, you'll be working directly with young people as a volunteer manager. You could:
- Work on an environmental project, helping to protect Costa Rica’s national parks
- Raise awareness of hygiene issues and provide access to safe water and sanitation to local people on a community project in Nicaragua
- Trek from one side of Costa Rica to the other on the adventure phase.
Project roles include:
- Project managers
- Spanish interpreters
- Adventure project managers (must be Mountain Leader qualified or have extensive experience in trekking or other outdoor activities)
- Medics (doctors, nurses and paramedics who must have at least two years post-qualification experience)
There are also office-based roles available in the expedition fieldbase, Raleigh's local headquarters. You will be part of a team which includes permanent staff. You will also get a chance to visit the project sites during your expedition.
Fieldbase roles include:
- Communications officers
- Logistics coordinators (no previous logistics experience required)
Raleigh are now recruiting volunteer managers for the 8- and 13-week programmes running from January 2017.
You can contact Raleigh directly to discuss which role best suits your skills, experience and interests. Whatever you choose, you are guaranteed a meaningful and unforgettable career break!