Raleigh International are looking for career breakers to support their sustainable development projects in Nepal.
You will be working on projects that focus on providing the community with access to safe water and sanitation through Water, Sanitation and Hygiene projects (WASH), delivering awareness raising, building community resilience and communit- based Natural Resource Management.
Nepal is the second poorest country in Asia with almost 23% of the population living below the poverty line. These people are most at risk to climate change and natural hazards – Nepal is the fourth most climate vulnerable country in the world.
Raleigh is looking for project and office based volunteers for the following roles:
- Project Managers
- Adventure Project Managers
- Mountain Leaders
- Logistics Coordinators
- Communications Officers
As a Project Manager, Medic or Mountain Leader you will be predominantly based on the project sites supporting and facilitating the young volunteers. The remaining roles will mainly be based in the Raleigh fieldbase (the operational hub of an expedition) but will get the chance to visit the project sites during the expedition.
Benefits of this career break:
- Develop experience in a logistical role
- Experience international development first-hand
- Gain experience in an expedition environment
- Develop knowledge of international sustainable development
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career
- Experience working with young people in a challenging environment
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting country
This is a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world and learn new skills, whilst supporting young people and communities to build a more sustainable future.